sábado, 23 de abril de 2005

"It's not that I'm destructive, I just want to feel your pain" - Fisher, Any Way
"I'll never be as high as I was with you." - Stabbing Westward, High
"I fell so hard for you, that it broke my heart in two" - Sister Hazel, Everybody
"Experience is cheap, I should've listened to the warning" - Crowded House, Into Temptation
"I think that God's got a sick sense of humor" - Depeche Mode, Blasphemous Rumours
"I'm taking my kisses back from you" - Jimmy Eat World, No Sensitivity
"I always catch the clock, it's 11:11" - Something Corporate, Konstantine
"Did you know, I miss you?" - Something Corporate, Konstantine
"I want to be anything, but your mistake" - Sister Hazel, Your Mistake
"without you, without you everything falls apart" - Nine Inch Nails, The Perfect Drug
"Today, the world was just an address, a place for me to live in, no better than all right, but
here you are and what was just a world is a star." Tonight, West Side Story
"It must be thursday, I never could get the hang of Thursdays" Arthur Dent
"We learn from history that we do not learn from history." - Georg Hegel
"Write down the advice of him who loves you, though you like it not at present." - English Proverb
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." - Erica Jong
"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." - Ellen Parr
"The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next." - Matthew Arnold
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." - Isaac Asimov
"My pessimism extends to the point of even suspecting the sincerity of other pessimists." - Jean Rostand
"Men of genius do not excel in any profession because they labor in it, but they labor in it
because they excel." - William Hazlitt
"I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love." -Henry War Beecher
"You say that love is nonsense....I tell you it is no such thing. For weeks and months it is a
steady physical pain, an ache about the heart, never leaving one, by night or by day; a long
strain on one's nerves like toothache orrheumatism, not intolerable at any one instant, but e
xhausting by its steady drain on the strength." -Henry Adams
"Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I
love, I can: all of them make me laugh." -W. H. Auden
"If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues." -Edward Robert Bulwer-Lytton
"The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost." -G.K. Chesterton
"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to
be. That's why people are so cynical about it... It really is worth fighting for, being brave for
, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more." Erica Jong
"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread." -Mother Teresa
"Love is knowing that you want to spend the rest ofyour life with someone, and not knowing if
they want to spend it with you." -Unknown
"The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan)
is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left
to chance...logic can be happily tossed out the window." - Stephen King
"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst." -Thomas Paine
"The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the
long complicated statements of Christian dogma." -Abraham Lincoln
"If one were to take the bible seriously one would go mad. But to take the bible seriously, one
must be already mad." -Aleister Crowley
"I cannot imagine a god who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are
modeled after our own a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty." -Albert Einstein
"He was a wise man who invented God." -Plato
"A diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor the man perfected without trials." -Chinese Proverb
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the
possible exceptions of handguns and tequila." -Mitch Ratliffe
"The 'Net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it." -William Gibson
"Only solitary men know the full joys of frienship. Others have their family; but to a solitary and an exile, his friends are everything." -Willa Cather
"Solitude vivifies; isolation kills." -Joseph Roux
"We are rarely proud when we are alone." -Voltaire
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger." -Frank Lloyd Wright
"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." -Jerry Seinfeld
"Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never." -Charles Caleb Colton
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but
my soul." -Judy Garland
"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet." -Plato
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." -Mark Twain
"Feelings are not supposed to be logical. Dangerous is the man who has rationalized his emotions." -David Borenstein
"There are only three sins - causing pain, causing fear, and causing anguish. The rest is window
dressing." -Roger Caras
"It is an old habit with theologians to beat the living with the bones of the dead." -Robert G. Ingersoll
"I believe everyody in the world should have guns. Citizens should have bazookas and rocket
launchers too. I believe that all citizens should have their weapons of choice. However, I also
believe that only I should have the ammunition. Because frankly, I wouldn't trust the rest of
the goobers with anything more dangerous than string." -Scott Adams
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last
resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." -Chapman Cohen
"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton Hills
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself." -Mark Twain
"I never let schooling interfere with my education." -Mark Twain
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle
"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the
same time and still retain the ability to function." -F. Scott Fitzgerald
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." -Friedrich Nietzsche
"Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do
anything with it." -M. Scott Peck
"This above all; to thine own self be true." -William Shakespeare
"He who angers you conquers you." -Elizabeth Kenny
"If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow." -Chinese Proverb
"Beware the fury of a patient man." -John Dryden
"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a
large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice." -Albert Einstein
"Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all
the difference." -Robert Frost
"A modern democracy consists of choosing your dictators, after they've told you what it is you
want to hear." -Alan Coren
"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet." -James Oppenheim
"No man is happy who does not think himself so." -Publilius Syrus
"Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle
"Those who gave thee a body, furnished it with weakness; but He who gave thee Soul, armed thee
with resolution. Employ it, and thou art wise; be wise and thou art happy." - Akhenaton
"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." -Judy Garland
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." -e.e. cummings
"I do not care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -Groucho Marx
"Most people would rather die than think: many do." - Bertrand Russell
"Early to rise, Early to bed, Makes a man healthy but socially dead." - The Warner Brothers (Animaniacs)
"There are two perfectly good men, one dead, and the other unborn." - Chinese Proverb
"In the long run, we are all dead." -John Maynard Keynes
"There was never a genius without a tincture of insanity." -Aristotle
"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not." -Andre Gide
"Always try to maintain complete tolerance and always make an effort to give people more than
they expect." -Scott Hamilton
"Make yourself a blessing to someone. Your kind smile or pat on the back just might pull someone
back from the edge." -Carmelia Elliot
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." -Plato
"The forest is magnificent, yet it contains no perfect trees." -Gye Fram
"It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear." -Freeman Dyson
"Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by day, in all the thousand,
small, uncaring ways." -Stephen V. Benet
"Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain." -William Faulkner
"The ultimate test of whether you posses a sense of humor is your reaction when someone tells you
you don't." -Frank Tyger
"Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is
something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy." -Albert Einstein
"Imagination grows by exercise and contrary to common belief is more powerful in the mature than in the young." - W. Somerset Maugham
"A room without books is like a body without a soul." -Cicero
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." -Mark Twain
"When you read a classic you do not see in the book more than you did before. You see more in you than there was before." -Clifton Fadiman
"That government is best which governs least." -Henry David Thoreau
"Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly." -Arnold Edinborough
"The only mystery about the cat is why it ever decided to become a domesticated animal." -Compton MacKenzie
"If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat." -Mark Twain
"Half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at." -Solomon Short
"There is much pleasure to be gained in useless knowledge." -Bertrand Russell
"Good leaders must first become good servants." -Robert Greenleaf
"Always forgive your enemies: nothing annoys them so much." -Oscar Wilde
"Plain women know more about men than beautiful ones do. But beautiful women don't need to know about men. It's the men who have to know about beautiful women." -Katherine Hepburn
"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
"I sometimes go to my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there." - Joel Hodgson
"I would have made a good Pope. " - Richard Nixon
"I couldn't remember when I had been so disappointed. Except perhaps the time I found out that M&Ms really do melt in your hand..." - Peter Oakley
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." -Humphrey Bogart
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -Mark Twain

Nenhum comentário: